Thursday, May 23, 2013

Its Mounted!





My home made mount turned out great!
Mounted in the factory location too.

Now I can focus on the kick panels. I got after market replacements that have an opening for 6.5 speakers.
There will be 6x9's out back.  Plus a couple 10" subs in the back.

The subs will come later, I don't have an amp yet.  I plan to make a custom box so it fits up behind the rear of the seat, and I still have a full trunk to carry a spare, tools, cleaning supplies, folding chairs etc.

Now some of you don't know what this actually is. I will recap.

I bought this 8 Track player as a non working unit.  It was cheap and perfect for what I wanted.  First thing... remove the guts! 












I made a flat piece of aluminum for the front.













Sand blasted the unit














Then a coat of semi gloss black for the front...













 And the body.














Cut a hole.  Inserted and secured the mount that came with the new head unit.












Added hinges.













Here is is assembled.













And here it is revealing its surprise!  Its a Pioneer head unit.  CD/MP3/USB/iPOD

No comments:

Post a Comment