Friday, January 24, 2014

Magnaflows are installed!

Man time flies.  I think I say that on every update!
This week, I finally got tired of having the Magnaflow box sitting in my garage. So it was time...

 photo IMG_9269.jpg

It was a cool morning, only 46°
 photo IMG_9271.jpg


We hung the mufflers first. Added the cross over
This again put the X right under the trans cross member - no good

When I contacted Magnaflow the last time we confirmed we had the right parts, and they measured correctly. They said I could cut some off the ends of the X that went into the muflers. So we cut approx 2.5" here leaving enough straight pipe to go into the mufflers.

 photo Outlook.jpg

Then we had to cut approx 5" out of the straighter section behind the X
One side was expanded, and then put them back together.
Seen here, right above the jack post

 photo IMG_9278.jpg

From there, everything was measured and leveled. My passenger side downpipe was too high, so we had to make another one of those to bring it down such that the cross over was level.

Everything was welded except for 2 joins, the ones in front of the X. This is so when I have the trans 'resealed' one of these days I wont have to cut any pipes (As a side note there was a 64 Polara 500 Convertible on the lift next to me. Owned by the shop owner.)

 photo IMG_9280.jpg
 photo IMG_9291.jpg

It all went together well after that
 photo IMG_9304.jpg


 photo IMG_9297.jpg    photo IMG_9296.jpg



I used the turn down tips cut at 45°. Just showing below the bumper

 photo IMG_9305.jpg

 photo IMG_9298.jpg




Now the best part... I can hear my radio! The Flowmasters that were on it.... gee wiz they were loud. My ears would ring after driving to a show.
This is the same kit I put on the previous GS and I still love it.



Video of the first start



And a video at home


















No comments:

Post a Comment