Monday, March 4, 2013

Alternator and Lower Alternator Bracket

One of my Buick buddies noted my alternator was 'clocked' wrong and the electrical connections would interfere with the installation of the AC compressor.  Easy fix. Just remove the 4 bolts holding the half's together and pull apart just enough to twist.  I moved mine 90°

Here's the old lower AC bracket. Its of the 71-72 vintage.  70 brackets were aluminum
And here's the 70 bracket in place.  Bolted in exactly like the previous bracket except I had to find a longer bolt for the bottom.  The steel bracket is only the thickness of the steel.  The aluminum bracket was almost 1 1/2" think at that part.  I t was no problem though, I went though my 'back of tricks' which is full of bolts from a 75 Lesaber I scrapped and found a perfect bolt.

Here it is all back together.  Ive been sizing up the mounting for the compressor, and it should be all good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment