Friday, November 18, 2011

Holy Crap!

Ive never owned a 455 car before, never driven one. And this one has not run well since I got it (total of about 10 miles since June!)

I bolted the latest carb on. Bent up a rod for my choke so it doesn't quite close all the way but opened 90°

The car started with just a couple pumps which is good considering there was no fuel in the carb

It idled so nicely with just a 1/2 turn of the idle/throttle screw.
I did not adjust the mixture screws.

I let it idle up to 180°, then gave it a quick pump and rpms cut down nicely. Didn't stall in gear. According to my tack its about 800 rpm in park, 650 in drive.

Then the excitement kicked in. There are a number of 4-way stops in my neighborhood and at the first one I left some black marks! Awesome.
On the way back to the house from a roll with no break it broke loose again!

I'm pretty damn happy if ya cant tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment