Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Carb Rebuild

I was really intimidated by the thought of rebuilding the carb.
I bought a rebuild kit and new float.
The Dr. came over and I had the carb off ready to go.
DSC06323

Ready to start piecing it back together
DSC06354


Rebuld done
DSC06355

Back on the motor
DSC06358

The car started after some pumping. Also noticed a leak around the throttle shaft bushings.
But at least I can start the car now without starting fluid.

A guy on the www.V8Buick.com board who rebuilds carbs offered to build me one, that looks correct. I found out the one I have has a Pontiac choke on it!
The rebuild includes all new bushings, adjustments, float, larger jets, and a coat of carb renew paint to make it look pretty.. how could I refuse! That should be here soon.

The October BOP (Buick Olds Pontiac) show is coming up in 2 1/2 weeks.. cant wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment