Saturday, February 27, 2010


Raining out today, so nothing new to post. I do need to get to the junk yard and pick up some things.
- Mufflers
- fuel line
- wire loom

Once I have everything I need, its just a matter of putting it together. I do have to put an intake gasket on the motor before I can attempt to start.

But the stand is wired up already and I have turned the motor over with the starter.

The engine stand is basically all setup. Gauges are in place (Tach, oil pressure and temperature) and a switch for the electric fan.

The wiring was not as hard as had thought it would be.
Everything works and I even have the alternator wired so it should charge as it runs too .

I do need to source an upper radiator hose. I have a feeling Im going to have to make it from a plastic pipe and just use rubber hose to connect it on the ends as the shape needed just wont work with an all rubber hose without kinking.








The lower rad hose worked out well with one I got with the radiator from the junk yard. Its actually out of a 95 Dodge Caravan, but it was aluminum, came with the fan and the right size I needed for the engine stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment